Colic is a common condition in infants, characterized by excessive crying that cannot be soothed by usual means. It is often described as a high-pitched, piercing cry that can last for hours at a time. Colic can be very frustrating for parents and can have a negative impact on their sleep and well-being.
- Gas and bloating: Colic is often associated with gas and bloating, which can cause pain and discomfort in infants.
- Immature digestive system: Infants’ digestive systems are still developing, and this can sometimes lead to problems with digestion and absorption.
- Food allergies or intolerances: Some infants may be allergic or intolerant to certain foods, which can also cause colic.
- Stress or anxiety: Infants can also experience stress or anxiety, which can contribute to colic.
Chiropractic care is a non-invasive treatment that can be used to relieve the symptoms of colic. A study published in the journal “Clinical Chiropractic” in 2012 found that chiropractic care was effective in reducing the crying time in infants with colic.
Here are some of the benefits of chiropractic care for infant colic:
- Reduces crying time: Chiropractic care can help to reduce the amount of time that infants cry.
- Improves sleep: Chiropractic care can help infants to sleep more soundly.
- Reduces gas and bloating: Chiropractic care can help to reduce gas and bloating, which can cause pain and discomfort in infants.
- Improves digestion: Chiropractic care can help to improve the digestive system, which can help to reduce the risk of colic.
- Reduces stress and anxiety: Chiropractic care can help to reduce stress and anxiety, which can contribute to colic.
If you are concerned that your infant may have colic, talk to Dr. Desiree asap. She can recommend a treatment plan that is right for your child, that will get you both sleeping soundly.
Desired Health Chiropractic is a chiropractic clinic in Anoka that specializes in helping people with pain and injuries. If you’re looking for a way to improve your health and well-being, Desired Health Chiropractic can help. Contact the clinic today to schedule a consultation.